I’ve been a member of the UNI American Marketing Association since the fall of 2012. I became the Vice-President of Community Involvement in May of 2013 until May of 2014. UNI AMA is a collegiate chapter of the American Marketing Association, one of the largest professional associations for marketers involved in the practice, teaching, and study of marketing. Our organization is open to all students interested in careers in marketing, advertising, promotion, sales, retailing, management, international business, and public relations, just to name a few. UNI AMA offers students the opportunity to connect with fellow marketers, attend a wide variety of professional and social events, participate in the Cedar Valley community, become a leader, and learn about today’s ever changing marketing profession.
Some of my responsibilities and accomplishments include:
– Planned and organized volunteer opportunities at the North East Iowa Food Bank & Adopt-A-Highway
– Secured a $1000 sponsorship for the organization
– Responsible for AMA becoming the first business organization to be Blue Zones certified
– Outstanding Executive Board Member Award, Spring 2014
– For our hard work throughout the year our organization was presented with the Silver Collegiate Chapter Award. This means we excelled in all six areas that our organization is judged on including Professional Development, Fundraising, Membership, Community Involvement, Communications, and Chapter Planning.