My first internship was at Bill Colwell Ford in Hudson, IA. I will admit that when I first started I didn’t know a single thing about cars or how to sell them, but I learned very quickly. I can proudly say that working there was one of the best hands on experiences I have encountered so far in my career. I was able to take lead and help with many projects throughout my internship including raising $1600 for Cedar Valley Hospice. Working at Bill Colwell Ford taught me the importance of customer service and how the repeat customers are the heart and soul of any company. I was able to create marketing pieces that were targeted towards a specific audience, plan various public relations events, and run social media campaigns.
My responsibilities included:
– Regularly updating inventory on the website.
– Proof reading and editing letters sent out to customers
– Creating and updating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and blog posts.
– Creating and planning various public relations events.
– Implementing monthly marketing campaign goals and budgets.
Some of my accomplishments include:
– Raising $1600 for Cedar Valley Hospice.
– Increasing Facebook activity by 10%.
– Creating and updating YouTube & Pinterest pages.
– Raising $500 for March of Dimes.
– Collecting 581 items to send in care packages to troops overseas.